A fish able to move across dry land, climb trees, choke birds & other fish is heading for Australia!
- Climbing perch can choke birds and other fish when swallowed by them
- It can last for days on land thanks to an accessory air-breathing organ
- The fish can travel across land using their pectoral fins to move along
- As their name suggests they have also been known to climb trees
- Even known to hitch lifts on bottom of boats travelling between islands
- It has overrun waterways on two Queensland islands in the Torres Strait
- The growth means Northern Australia is now particularly at risk