Midway Island, North Pacific Ocean, Unbelievable Trash!
Image credit Bonnie Monteleone
We need to do something about this plastic problem. Plastic is not natural, it is man made and plastic floats and chokes the environment. It disrupts the food chain. If many people around the globe will pull together a difference can be made. Start at home … Pick up the plastic on the beaches and the streets … Pick up the plastic out of the storm drains and sewer grates ..Refuse plastic bags …Every little bit helps…..ANOTHER WAY TO SAVE THE EARTH..
The Biggest Dump in the World
What is the Great Pacific Ocean Garbage Patch?
Are We Witnessing the Death of Our Planet?
Pacific Ocean garbage patch worries researchers
The world’s rubbish dump stretches from Hawaii to Japan
Plastic Trash in Oceans May Be ‘Vastly’ Underestimated
‘Great Pacific Garbage Patch’ Plastic Has Increased Hundredfold Since the 1970s
A Passion to Clean up the Pacific Ocean’s Great ‘Garbage Patch’
See for yourself…
- Something the entire world should see – most of us are simply unaware (sott.net)
- The Great Pacific Garbage Patch (greenschoolsalliance.wordpress.com)
- Great Plastic Patches (shalqahtaniblog.wordpress.com)
- A Seventh Continent Called Pacific Trash Vortex (theglobaloyster.wordpress.com)
- 19-year-old inventor finds way to clean up the world’s oceans in under 5 years time (blacklistednews.com)
- Coastal Cleanup Day Coming to a Town Near You (switchboard.nrdc.org)
- 400,000 Plastic Sandals Upcycled Into Colorful Oceanside Sculptures (inhabitat.com)